All The Things I Didn’t Blog About
Poem by Amy Turn Sharp
Today I recorded an episode of Elise’s podcast to wrap up this 100 Day Project. In it, I shared that I had a long list of blog posts to write and it never happened. This honestly feels like a really great, literal metaphor for my life. I have a lot of ideas and I don’t share them or let them come to fruition. Instead, I can get into some sort of routine à la Groundhog Day. So many books that I want to read, new restaurants that I want to try, languages that I want to speak, tv shows I should watch. I get sucked into the focused, tunnel vision shit and the next thing I know, 100 days pass.
But you know what I did during those 100 days? I ate whatever I wanted, I allowed myself joy and tears. I was present. I spent time with family and friends.
So, here’s to new beginnings. Tomorrow is the last day of this challenge and in a way, I learned a lot about myself. I’m glad it’s (almost) over but I’m glad I did it.
In case you were wondering, this was the list of posts I never wrote:
- Post-Candida Diet thoughts
- What I’ve learned from Strengthsfinder
- Do I need to be passionate about my job?
- Thrifting finds
- Creating a painting for over our fireplace
- Branded photography
- Finding Time For Myself (boundaries, one weekend day free)
- Do I Need/Have a Hobby?
- My Relationship with Painting
- The Responsibility as a Designer
- Turning down work is exhausting
- Asian Cultural Appropriation
- Cookbook reviews
- Do Something Different
- Trying things from Pinterest
Maybe these will get created. Maybe not. I’ll always have tomorrow…