Back When You Were A Kid
What did you do when you were a kid? How did you spend your time? I’ve been asked this question before. “What did you enjoy as a kid? Do more of that.” I think it’s an amazing exercise to work through. As we’ve slowly grown The Wonder Jam, I’m always aware of what type of job that I’m creating for myself. For the past year, I’ve been a boss and a manager. I don’t love doing that. I create less, I sell more. I’m trying to get back to answering these questions: What do I want to do? How do I want to do it? How do I want to feel? Who do I want to help? It’s been great.
So what did I like to do as a kid?
- I liked to play outside, I was social.
- I was inventive. I would pretend to own my own dry cleaning business. I’d wrap clothes in saran wrap. I’d run a local carnival in our backyard. I’d create commercials and music videos.
- I collected things: beanie babies, pencils, erasers, comic books, stamps, coins, rocks, etc.
- I READ SO MUCH!
- I made art all the time.
- I played the piano.
- I spent a lot of time with my family and my siblings.
- I let myself get obsessed with things like the Chicago Bulls, Celine Dion, Little House on the Prairie
- I didn’t really care what people thought. I didn’t judge myself. I liked me.
What did you do as a kid?