Favorite Makeup Highlighters
If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve seen that I had been considering beauty vlogging (video blogging combined into one word). I tried it out and actually hated it. I joked on my latest Instagram post that Desh wasn’t too thrilled while I was in front of the camera (he thought I was talking to an invisible person) but it’s true. I just didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t enjoy listening to myself for an hour or editing the video and hearing myself talk over and over and over and over and over…
So instead, I blog! And today I’m sharing my favorite makeup highlighters. You know, the stuff that makes your face glow. I’ve rounded up my top 6 products below:
- L’Oreal Magic Lumi – It’s a really affordable primer that gives you that nice pearly glow but I actually use it to lighten my foundation in the winter. It’s lasted awhile and you can’t beat that price.
- BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal – I also mix this into my foundation (or will just rub the smallest drop onto the high points of my face). It’s great and I really love this brand. It’s PRICEY, though. That’s the travel size and it’s $19.
- Almay’s CC luminous primer – This has much more of a pink tone (which doesn’t really go well with my skin tone) but is a nice way to add a little bit of that nice glow when priming your face. It helps reduce redness (which I don’t have) so it would be perfect alone or with a full face of makeup.
- Revlon Photoready Skinlights (in Bare Lights) – This reminds me SO much of BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. It’s not the exact shade, but it’s a good dupe.
- Hourglass Ambient Light – This is a powder and so, so naturally gorgeous. It’s much more subtle but the perfect addition to even the most natural face of makeup. It’s expensive. But if you ever want to treat yourself, get it.
- Mary-Lou Manizer by the Balm – This is a much more intense powder, but it’s a good bold. I’m wearing it in the photo at the top. A little goes a long way (I have a sample size and haven’t even made a dent).
I only got into highlighters + stuff like that recently (within the last 6 months) and it’s been the best addition to my routine! Comment below if you have any that you love that you think I should try!