Last year I hosted my first Christmas City Swap here on my blog and had 90 participants. Ever since last years’ swap I’ve had readers asking about one this year! For those who didn’t participate last year, here’s the concept:
- If you want to participate – you’ll be required to come up with a gift or card to send to someone else in another city. All the contents of your basket/package must be local products from YOUR city. For example: I might send someone a bottle of Brother’s Drake honey mead, a special something from HOMAGE, or a Candle Lab candle with a few trinkets and a postcard!
- You sign up to participate in the swap by filling out the form below. It will require you to give me your full name, mailing address, email, dietary restrictions and spending budget.
- I will then match up the participants to the best of my ability and email you all with the person that you’ll be gifting! I will do my best to make sure your spending budgets are the same.
- Last year I had about 5 people who never received a gift. I felt really awful about it and will try my best to make sure this doesn’t happen again this year. I will be sending reminder emails but if you aren’t sure you want to participate – then don’t!
The entire point of this concept is to GIVE (while sharing a bit of our town/city). We all hold so tightly to our stuff and stress about money so much that we forget what it’s like to just do something special for someone else. Don’t feel like you need to give your recipient something “perfect.” Let the gift share a little bit about who YOU are instead. I hope we all make a friend!
Here are a few guidelines, however, to ensure this all works out smoothly:
- You must sign up by Friday, November 22nd!
- You will receive your gift recipient’s information by Sunday, December 1st. Feel free to start shopping or planning before you get this information!
- Due to the many dietary restrictions these days, please refrain from sending perishable food. Candies or spices are fine.
- You must mail your package by Friday, December 20th!
- Unfortunately – this swap is really only intended for those located in the US since most of my readers are from here. I didn’t want to burden anyone with the cost of shipping. If you DO live in another country, feel free to sign up and if someone else in your area signs up too – I’ll match you! If there’s not a match, I’ll notify you via email.
- Lastly, if you bail and just flake out – you’re kind of a meanie. Don’t sign up for this if you don’t think you won’t be able to follow through.
UPDATE: SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!