Stream of Consciousness
I haven’t had much to say lately. I feel like I’ve been playing catch-up since our New York City trip. So instead, I’m going to share my stream of consciousness in bullet points:
- It’s hard being an entrepreneur. Sometimes you don’t want to find new clients. Or sell your services. Or invoice and organize the books.
- I forgot to choose 3 new things to try this month. I think I’m going to try to just do all the things I need to do.
- We splurged + hired a cleaning service to deep clean our townhouse and it single handedly made me feel like a normal human being.
- Lately I’ve realized that I need to put my head down and read more. That means taking a break from social media and even working sometimes.
- I lost my voice for a week and realized just how much I talk.
- I really want to bring something unique to this space. Currently brainstorming. And taking suggestions.
What have you been up to?
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider. Never sponsored, no affiliate links.
If you want to bring something unique, I’ve heard a baby is pretty one-of-a-kind.
It’s going to be a few months, but when we move into a new home I am definitely thinking about having a deep cleaning service come in and take over the new house before the stuff goes in it!
A deep cleaning service sounds amazing! I always feel as if I should splurge and do it once but I get antsy and put the rubber gloves on myself. I definitely at #1 today. I just want it all to be done with but it’s worth it in the end.
SOO appreciate your honesty, Allie! It’s refreshing to see that the rest of us entrepreneurs aren’t in a boat alone – it’s tiring to always be out there “hustling” for work & you just need time to relax once in a while. Good for you for taking a break here & there from social media & diving into an actual book compared to social media… wait, a book with real pages, what’s that? ;)
All I can say is: I agree so (freaking) much with all you said!
The entrepreneurship thing can be hard; I also desperately need to read a book and relax more -I absolutely need time off the internet and social media; I also talk a whole lot (not a great thing, at times).
I might just be your evil twin! lol :)
Sophie | Spark Your Self
I just bit the bullet and launched my new site + offering for writers, and I completely identify with thought #1 – it is super tough putting yourself out there and selling yourself every day! Hope your voice is feeling better x