With a blink of the eye, holiday season is over, but never fear ’tis citrus season! A sea full of pink, orange, yellow, and if you are lucky blood oranges oozing red. This months Wild Beauty is about the lemon; there’s a reason why your Grandmother likes a squeeze of it with her hot water.
Lemons have strong antibacterial and antiviral properties, making them an exceptional digestive aid and liver cleanser. They contain citric acid, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin c.
Other benefits include:
- Aids in digestion and weight loss
- Helps balances your PH
- Cleanses your bowels
- Purifies toxins from your blood
- And promotes overall immunity
It is never wise to skip breakfast and if your like me, your body doesn’t do well eating breakfast right after waking up. A cup of lemon water helps those stomach upsets in the morning and helps boost your digestive system throughout the day.
- 1 cup of warm water (not boiling or hot)
- Juice of 1/2 – 1 lemon
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- Mix everything together in a glass, based on taste preferences and drink.
Tidbit – Pregnant or suffering from osteoporosis? The high vitamin c in lemons help the body absorb calcium, aiding in stronger bones.