What’s In My Makeup Bag
I recently bought this sparkly Nine West makeup bag ($10 at Marshall’s!) after selling a lot of my clothes at Plato’s Closet so I thought it would be fun to share exactly what I keep inside! I keep my makeup pretty simple. It’s never drastic and I like to stick with neutrals. I’m not exactly brand loyal but I do try to buy what’s best and works for me.
- Mascara: I use two brands. Clinique Lash Power Mascara as a base (and it only comes off with warm water) and then I top it off with Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara to make my lashes longer.
- Concealer: I use Natural Cream Mineralogie for under my eyes. Now that summer is over, I’ll probably start mixing it with something lighter.
- Foundation: I absolutely love Bare Escentuals and have been using their Original SPF 15 Foundation for years. It’s a loose power and the coverage is great (not too heavy and not too light).
- Eyeshadows: For any eye color, I use Bobbi Brown. The two shades I use are Rose Gold and Bone. Her shadows are affordable and I’d rather experiment with shades regularly.
- Blush: Again, I use Bare Escentuals for my blush! I wear The Aphrodisiac and like that it’s compact vs loose powder.
- Brow Pencil: I went to Nordstrom one night and asked what brow pencil they recommended the most. $35 dollars later, I walked out with Smashbox’s Brow Tech To Go. AMAZING. Would totally recommend it. I love that it’s angled, I don’t have to sharpen anything, and it comes with a gel brush.
- Eyeliner: Since I use Clinique’s mascara and use their face wash/lotion, it was only a matter of time before they got me hooked on something else. The Cream Shaper for Eyes is creamy/soft but doesn’t smudge or come off with water.
- Tweezers: Nothing special and I have no idea what brand. They just work really well!
- Lash Curler: Also some generic brand. Any suggestions on one worth purchasing?
- Shadow Primer: Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance in Candlelight is a great primer to use before applying your eyeshadow. I think the shade has been too light for summer but I might as well stick it out since autumn is near!
- Brushes: I only use three brushes and they’re all from Bare Escentuals. Speaking of…I need to clean my brushes. I’m embarrassed to admit but I’ve never done that before. Any tips?
So that’s what I wear everyday! As I list it all out, it seems like a lot but I swear it only takes me 5 minutes to apply everything. I don’t keep any lip stains, glosses or chapstick in my makeup bag (they’re usually all in my purse) but I am on the hunt for a few new products:
- A really good lip exfoliant. I think I’m going to buy one of Lush’s lip scrubs next month.
- A lighter concealer for fall/winter.
- A lip stain that actually stays!
What’s in YOUR makeup bag? Feel free to copy the post and link below! Any products that have your loyalty? Recommendations?