May Birchbox Review
This month’s Birchbox was delivered this past Saturday and it definitely wasn’t one of my favorites. The box was “Gossip Girl” themed (which doesn’t really mean a lot to me since I don’t watch the show) and had the following inside:
- Birchbox Notecards – This was an bonus piece. Cute stationery but pretty flimsy material.
- BVGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette – Just like last month, I wish I could tell Birchbox that I wasn’t looking for perfume. I use Kate Spade’s Twirl and am happy with that.
- Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – This is BRIGHT, sparkly blue. Kind of fun but I’m not sure when I would use it. Ideas?
- Ojon Conditioner – Excited to use this. I’m always looking for a good shampoo/conditioner and tend to mix it up a lot. It smells great!
- Dr. Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm – This looks like foundation or something along those lines. I use Bare Escentuals so not really interested.
- Alex & Isabelle Hair Ties – I’ve received some of these before through Birchbox and think they’re really cute!
I really can’t complain because I recently whined that I wasn’t receiving any makeup and I got two samples (the Stila eyeliner was a really decent-full size). A lot of women complain about Birchbox because they don’t love everything inside but I try to remind them that for $10/month, they’re able to try new high end products without wasting time or money. I’ve found a lot of AMAZING products through Birchbox (Deborah Lippmann nail polish, Kerastase hair serum, Zoya remover, + lots of lip products). If you want to sign up, feel free to with my referral link, I’d love it!
*Photo taken with my Canon Rebel XS/50mm lens in my new lightbox! Love it.
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider. Never sponsored, no affiliate links.
i’ll trade you something for the stila. a nailpolish, maybe?
sparkly blue fits right in with my “junior prostitute” style.
oooh – and the beauty balm. lol.
One of these days I’m going to get on the Birchbox train. I have done Julep Maven for so long I have a lifetime’s supply of nailpolish in my closet. Mani/Pedi party??
P.S. That lightbox is really sweet…I have no idea how it works, but I think it’s awesome.
Wow, your Birchbox was much better than mine. My post is scheduled to go up on Friday so you’ll have to check it out. But I wasn’t too happy for the past few months and finally cancelled.
Also, that lightbox is awesome! Any chance you’re posting a tutorial soon?
I received the Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner too and had the same thoughts. My shade is the same color blue that’s in your picture. I tried it last night just for fun and found that it didn’t apply easily. The glitter started to clump as I tried to layer it on in order to actually see the bright color (which is the point right?). It was pretty disappointing. I’m not a big blue eyeliner fan so I was hoping I’d like it enough to get it in black or grey. No such luck. DISCLAIMER: I’m not a liquid eyeliner girl so the application downfalls could have certainly been due to user error. :)