December Birchbox Review
I got my December Birchbox last week and over the weekend, I finally got a chance to use the products and compile my review! First of all, I was really excited to see that they are donating 100% of all full-size sales to Baby Buggy (with a guaranteed contribution of $25,000). Okay, onto what’s inside:
- AHAVA | Mineral Body Lotion : Not going to lie, I absolutely cannot stand the scent of this lotion. I used a pea-sized amount and washed my hands afterwards. I will not be using or buying any more of this.
- amika | Obliphica Hair Treatment : I also did not enjoy the scent of this oil so I didn’t use it on my hair. Also, it had leaked in my box before it was delivered so my entire box smelled like this oil.
- Incoco | Nail Polish Applique : Ehh…nail polish strips? I guess I just enjoy using regular polish.
- Jouer | Moisturizing Lip Glass in Birchbox Pink : I actually really love this shade (it’s not as bright as it looks) and am considering buying some Jouer products with my Birchbox points.
- Prep ShowStoppers | Designer Fashion Tape : I have never had the need to use tape to keep my clothes in the right place but I’ll keep this around in case I ever need to!
- Recharge Eboost | Orange Natural Energy Booster : I actually liked the taste and could see myself ordering a few packets for those times at work that I don’t want to drink a Diet Coke or a coffee!
Overall, I wasn’t too impressed with December’s Birchbox. I actually think I’ll be canceling my subscription for the month of January and signing up/giving MyGlam a try! I love that they’re solely focued on makeup but their website is definitely lacking. I love that Birchbox allows you to gain credits and even buy the products through their website. Have any of you tried MyGlam? If you’re a Birchbox subscriber, what did you get? Anything different that you love?
If you want to sign up for Birchbox, you can use this invite link (yes I get credits) or you can read my November review here!
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider. Never sponsored, no affiliate links.
I haven’t jumped on the Birchbox hype solely because I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews but MyGlam sounds a million times better, I just peeked at their December box on the website and it looks awesome! Maybe I’ll try them.
being a cheap ass who loves expensive makeup…i think i’m going to check out myglam, thanks for the heads up!
I checked out MyGlam, but they are sold out of subscriptions?! So I added myself to the waiting list…
I have let my make up and hair routine slide since I stopped working and just freelancing and I have decided 2012 is about getting back out there and trying new products and really both sites provide me an opportunity to try new-to-me items, without running all over town… a bonus…
my birchbox had similar items but different brands and luckily, i really liked the scents! this was my first month so we’ll see how valuable it really is as time goes on. so far, interested enough not to cancel. :)
So my box had totally different stuff except boost and the lip gloss. I did love the boost powder stuff. I definitely noticed a difference in how I felt… in a good, but subtle way. I realized I was in a SUPER good mood- which last week was quite a feat. But it’s definitely a luxury item at $28 for 20 packets (or maybe not if it really improved my mood that much?)
MyGlam.com is one of the crappiest sites I’ve had the displeasure of using honestly. Ridiculous, even. However I did push through and purchased one month. As I sit here typing and thinking- that site was just awful. They really need to up their game- HIRE SOME DEVELOPERS AND UI FOLKS!! #endrant
Next month, I’m going to try Birchbox AND MyGlam to see who I’d like to keep with for another few. I’m considering it my Christmas present to myself- oh and Julep Maven too.