30 Day Photo Challenge FINAL UPDATE!
You guys! ONE WEEK until the 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off. I’m beyond excited. If you haven’t seen the list of photo challenges, click here (also displayed below this post). For those that will be sharing their photos here on my blog, below are the guidelines:
- Please upload them through my blog. See the handy dandy uploader icon over on the right?
- Make sure they are in JPG format, 600 px wide
- Feel free to edit as you like
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- No pressure to submit your photo every day. Perhaps just your favorites.
- Please save the photo under the following format: FIRSTNAME_DAY#.jpg (ie: ALLIE_DAY1.jpg)
- Submit them by 9am EST the morning of!
- If you’re tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #30dayphoto so we can all see!
A few of you have also asked questions and I’m answering them below:
- Can I use my cell phone to take photos? Yes of course! I ain’t no camera snob.
- Since we have to upload them by 9am EST the morning of, that doesn’t really give me any time to take the photo. This is very true. The only suggestion that I have is to START the challenge on August 31st. So, the first challenge is to take a photo of yourself. Do that on August 31st and upload it to my blog by 9am EST on September 1st. Don’t worry, you’re still taking the challenge even if you have to start a day earlier.
- If I don’t upload them to your blog or have a blog of my own, where should I post them? HERE! I’ve created an open Flickr group so if you want to join and upload, feel free! I will be posting my photos there too.
- Will there be prizes for the best photo? No, we’re all winners. But for future challenges, this would be fun!
Well, that’s probably the most I’ve ever written in a blog post! I’ll shush now and let you all get to work. Maybe even utilize this weekend to get a head start? The key here is to be using your cameras every day so don’t let the structure of the month freak you out (says the type-A personality).
PS: If you’re NOT interested in participating in this challenge, check out my 30 Day Drawing Challenge that I participated in earlier this year. Maybe something like that suites you better!
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider. Never sponsored, no affiliate links.
I just found you blog today and I’m really happy it’s before the begging of the Photo Challenge. It’s such a good idea,
Allie, You’re getting all fancy shmancy with Flickr groups and the ability to upload through your blog! Keep it up :)