Monday Link Love
– Gorgeous photo by Harry Bloom.
– A great interview with Simone Harouche over on Rifle‘s blog. My favorite part of the interview was:
What’s the best advice you’ve received and the greatest lesson you’ve learned so far in your career?
Greatest advice was from my agent and friend Margaret Maldonado, “If you work at what it is you want to do every day, it just gets better and better. Every day you get closer to where you want to be. When people talk about what they want to do but they don’t show up, they get stalled. Just do it. If you want to be a painter, make sure you paint every day.
Greatest lesson: And this one I had to learn personally- Always take valuables out of the car. No matter how tired you are, or how long your day has been.”
– Norway saw snow this week! Makes me excited and dreaming for Christmas!
– Fun patterns and illustrations over at Where the Lovely Things Are
– PrintProof is an iPhone app that helps you check off that to-do list before sending anything to the printer.
– Seth rants here. I like it when he rants. “For less than your cable TV bill, you can buy and read an important book every week.”
– Black and white foil stamp wedding invitations. I have this obsession with foil stamp lately. I may utilize that for my next business card design.
Wow. I love that quote.